Melissa Ann McCarthy was born on August 26, 1970 in Plainfield, Illinois. She started her career with stand-up comedy and she has credits in film, television and theater. She has actively been acting since 1997. She is most famous for Gilmore Girls, Bridesmaids, & Mike & Molly.
• Her cousin is Jenny McCarthy.
• Graduated from Joliet Catholic Academy.
• Is an alumnus of The Groundlings.
• Has been married to her husband, Ben Falcone, since 2005.
• Has two daughters, Vivian & Georgette.
• Primetime Emmy Award Winner (2011).
• Has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (May 2015).
Facts found on imdb & wikipedia